My experiences are broad and geographically wide. I was a pastor for thirty years. I have been a teacher of History and Political Science in high school and junior high and I have been a mentor to graduate students. I have taught ethics and public speaking in a community college. I have lectured at conferences in Europe, Asia, Oceania, and Africa. I have also been a political journalist and recently published a book, with my wife, regarding Christian worship (Children in Church: Nurturing Hearts of Worship). I served in the US Navy.
- 2016: Mentor to Theological Students, The North American Reformed Seminary
- 2011-2014: Director, Lifework Forum, Prague, Czech Republic Worked with families, primarily in the former Soviet bloc, regarding education and Christian family living.
- 2004-2011: Pastor, Covenant Baptist Church, Acton ME Served this congregation and the community through preaching, teaching, visitation, counseling, and the conducting of worship services. Also served as a Volunteer Chaplain, at Goodall Hospital, Sanford ME.
- 2001-2004: Pastor, Christian Union Church, West Groton MA Pastorate with duties of preaching, teaching, counseling, visitation, and conducting of worship services.
- 1999-2003: Political Correspondent,Massachusetts News Covered the State House in Boston as well as political conventions and meetings and other political events around the state. Also wrote feature stories for both the print and online editions of the newspaper. Had a daily online column titled “Beacon Hill Beat.”
- 1991-1999: Managing Editor, Nashoba Publications
Rose from stringer to Managing Editor of this weekly newspaper group. Oversaw publication of six weekly newspapers and one monthly soccer magazine. Responsible for hiring, assignments, layout, copy editing.
- 1990-Present: Executive Director, Lifework Forum
This is the ongoing work of this worldwide ministry. I have been a speaker at education conferences worldwide. Articles appear in numerous publications.
- Previous: Pastor, Boatswain Bay Presbyterian Church, Grand Cayman, BWI; Pastor, Grace Presbyterian Church, Braintree, Massachusetts, USA. Staff Member at L’Abri Fellowship, Huémoz, Switzerland; Teacher (History and Social Sciences), Brookfield, Connecticut, USA; Adjunct Professor (Public Speaking and Ethics), Middlesex Community College, Lowell, Massachusetts, USA.
- Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, Doctor of Ministry
- Covenant Theological Seminary, Master of Divinity
- Western Connecticut State University, MA, History
- Southern Connecticut State University, BS, Political Science
- Decision Making
- Active Listening