Sandra and I have been working on how to continue in our ministry after leaving the field in Prague. We have pondered and prayed. We have sought expert help in tech areas and in the personal realm. We have even created a short survey to help us find out what YOU might think about this. It’s not too late to respond, by the way. Simply click here or the survey.
As we go along in this process, there are many questions to be answered in order to move to whatever the next step is. We have recognized that we both need to be doing more writing and speaking. Sandra is already pretty far along in her writing, being published regularly in a number of places. I’m still searching, though, for my niche.
At the top of this blog I promise “Digital Dialogue, News, and General Banter.” While there has been some news, which I enjoy analyzing from my own perspective, there has been little dialogue or banter (Banter: noun, an exchange of light, playful, teasing remarks; good-natured raillery). Mostly it’s been monologue. That’s when someone speaks and others may or may not listen (or in this case, read). Is that what you want, readers?
Part of the problem is that there simply aren’t that many readers. Some of those that are on board may simply be here by inertia. Life is busy, so a lot of folks skim blogs but don’t get involved. But, I wonder. Is it that I’m not writing and sharing things that are of interest to the readers we do have? My view, to this point is that my strengths are in the areas of Biblical exposition that impacts our daily lives, and analysis of news from both Biblical and historical perspectives. Occasionally, of course, I throw in a shameless plug for our book, Children in Church: Nurturing Hearts of Worship (available in both kindle and paperback formats here . Oops, there I go again.
Seriously folks, I do believe that God is calling me to share my thinking. I no longer preach every week, so blogging and writing books and articles would seem to be the way to carry on. (BTW, there is one serious book project in the works for me at the moment. No details yet).
So, here is the interactive part. There are several things I am asking you to do for me.
- If you like this blog, please tell other people. Tell your neighbors, your relatives, your friends (even your enemies!). Share posts with them; get them involved.
- Get involved yourself. Let’s get rid of the monologue and start dialoguing.
- Tell me what you would like to see here. What kind of articles would you like to see? What topics are of most interest to you? Would you like to see more guest posts? If so, from whom? (How about YOU?).
- PRAY for me, for Sandra, and for the work of our ministry, Lifework Forum.
- Respond here (not at facebook or by email). This may encourage others to join the discussion. There’s a lot going on in the world and in the US. What does it mean for us? For you? Don’t be afraid to get political. Obviously, we can talk about religion. Just remember to be civil.
- Fill in the survey mentioned above.
- Did I mention PRAY for us?
- Did I forget to ask you to get involved? Become part of this enterprise, friends.
- BTW, I’ve been told that blog posts should always have bulleted or numbered items.
There we have it. It’s a new era, new way of doing things for me. I’d like to involve you. Why not join in and help shape the discussion.